Berlin Wall lost in translation – can anyone help?

I am correcting a document that has been translated from French into English and I have hit upon a term that keeps cropping up, and I simply don’t know what it is in English.

In French the term is ‘Paroi Berlinoise’. I always see it translated as ‘Berlin Wall’. In my (admittedly limited) experience as an engineer, I have never heard of a ‘Berlin Wall’ unless it is a type of reinforced concrete structure with graffiti on one side that typically has a design life of, say, forty years.

I don’t think this is what this document is talking about. Can anyone help? (It maybe useful to know that ‘paroi’ is a word tpyically associated with perimeter foundation walls; for example, a ‘paroi moulée’ translates as diaphragm wall)