The panel was hosted by Holly Stoppit, Robyn Hambrook and Bea Golding and featured:
- Rachel Caine (Sacred Clown healer, Spain)
- Faith Tingle-Bartoli (Clown performer, Giggle Doctor, UK)
- Hilary Ramsden (Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army, UK and Greece)
- Sabine Choucair (Clown Me In, Beirut)
These are the pearls of sanity I wrote down:
- Let’s find a game. Is there a game we can play here? It’s the mantra of the clown. By asking this question we rekindle childhood curiosity and levity.
- Not all clowns wear noses. You don’t need to be wearing your nose to find a sense of play.
- You don’t need to know everything about a situation to protest about it. By letting go you can sometimes see the obvious answer.
- Clowns can change the atmosphere, reminding people it is ok to be happy and delighted.
- Find the humanity in any situation.